IEP/IFSP services we pursue:
• Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
• One-to-one (IBI/ABA) school/community support
• Intensive academic support
• Counseling services
• Speech and Language Therapy
• Occupational Therapy
• Physical Therapy
• Adaptive Physical Education
• Recreational Therapy
• Assistive/Augmentative Communication | Assistive Technology
• Non-public school placement
• Instruction in the home or hospital
• Social skills training
• Classroom/curriculum accommodations and/or modifications
• Home|School transportation
• Respite services
• Parent education
WHAT we do and HOW we do it :
We pursue funding for the appropriate services by:
• Advocating for your child during IEP, 504 Plan, SST and/or IFSP meetings with the school district and Regional Center.
• Assisting in obtaining Special Education eligibility for your child under one or more of the following identifiers: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Specific Learning Disability, Speech and Language Impairment, Orthopedic Impairment, Intellectual Disability, Deafness, Deaf-blindness, Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment, Traumatic Brain Injury, Emotional Disturbance, Other Health Impairment, Multiple Disabilities.
• Identifying appropriate placement and supports, goals and accommodations/modifications.
• Advising and educating you about your family’s rights with regard to special education, Regional Center services, and your parental involvement.
• Reviewing all IEP and IFSP documents BEFORE you sign in consent.
• Assisting you in your communication (written and oral) with the school district and Regional Center, so that all your requests will be followed up upon.
• Optimizing your relationship with school district and Regional Center representatives by showing them that you know what your child’s and your rights are, so they are more likely to fund the appropriate program for your child.
• Helping you better understand your role in the education of your child so he/she can be a lifelong successful learner.
• Assisting you in your quest to obtain the most appropriate and robust program to meet your child’s unique needs.
• Managing your case in the correct strategic way, should you ever need a referral to a special education attorney.
• Teaching you how to become effective parent advocates for your child.
Additional services available :
• Behavior assessment and consultation
• Functional Behavior Assessment – IEE
• Home | School ABA program review
• Parent training
• Classroom observations
• Insurance appeals for ABA services